With over 150,000 users in 30 countries, MobieTrain is a popular microlearning platform built with the aim of making learning more accessible for more employees.
There’s a lot to like about MobieTrain’s mobile-first approach to employee training - but there is also a wide range of MobieTrain competitors out there that could be a better fit for your organization. From comprehensive course creation tools to out-of-the-box integrations, we’ve handpicked 3 top MobieTrain alternatives with a suite of unique tools and features you need to know about.
Here’s our pick of the top MobieTrain alternatives - and why they could be the solution your team is looking for.
Follow along or skip ahead:
- Top 3 MobieTrain competitors at a glance
- Why MobieTrain?
- Top 3 MobieTrain alternatives
- Final verdict on the best MobieTrain alternatives
Top 3 MobieTrain competitors at a glance
With a mission to put employees at the core of their own learning and development, MobieTrain aims to make mobile training accessible for frontline employees. Their microlearning technology is dedicated to making the process of onboarding and training employees smoother and simpler.
If you’re not already familiar with MobieTrain, here’s a quick overview of its top features:
Everything you need can be accessed via the MobieTrain web-based application. The format is designed for mobile so your learners can access training on-the-go. The MobieTrain application can also be branded and customized to your organization, so learners have a familiar home for their training needs.
On top of your learning content, the MobieTrain application is also a space for building a social learning community, facilitating communication between individuals and teams, and for recognition and rewards. Learners can compare their progress with their peers for extra motivation via the course dashboard and track how many points they need to graduate to the next level.
The MobieTrain application also includes a Newsfeed to keep your employees in the loop. Post live updates to the Newsfeed to communicate with your whole team, including polls, fun facts, news items, trends and essential messages. The Newsfeed is fully customizable per user group so you can choose who sees every post.
MobieTrain content creation tool
MobieTrain is dedicated to microlearning with an emphasis on both skill-based and job-specific knowledge. When it comes to creating your learning program, you can work on your own branded content - with training from MobieTrain on how to use their tools - or get their team of content designers to do it for you.
MobieTrain helps you to create dedicated training content for your team, so you can focus your energy on other aspects of employee learning and development. Choose from a range of structured learning paths and formats to find the one that’s best for your team.
And if you have changes to make, MobieTrain prides itself on having an easy-to-use content authoring system that’s designed for easy updates, so you can create the most effective program for your learners.
Track and monitor your team’s progress using MobieTrain’s in-built insights tool. The MobieTrain dashboard keeps all your team data in one place for easy management - so you can see what’s working and what’s not.
Get essential insights on learner performance, including:
- Course adoption
- Knowledge gaps
Generate individual reports for employees or view your team’s progress as a whole to get a complete picture of employee training and compliance in your organization.
- Mobile app-based employee training
- Build a learning community
- Create customized branded content
- Insights dashboard for tracking learner progress
- Limited functionality for dashboard
- Restricted editing and customization features
- Few integrations with other software
Top 3 best MobieTrain alternatives
For many organizations, MobieTrain is a basic microlearning solution that offers a reliable range of features. But if you’re looking for something more powerful, efficient, and integrated, here’s our pick of the top MobieTrain competitors in 2024.
Tailor-made for frontline teams, eduMe is a leading microlearning platform and top MobieTrain competitor that’s designed for maximum engagement with minimal fuss. Integrate eduMe learning programs directly into the tools your team is already using to create a seamless, frictionless learning experience for your workers - and deliver training that sticks.
Here’s why eduMe is the MobieTrain alternative you need to know:
eduMe visual learning tools
While MobieTrain follows standard microlearning principles for better engagement, eduMe utilizes the power of social media style visual learning content that’s familiar, fool-proof, and fun for learners. Engage employees in a format they’re already familiar with using snappy ‘Tik-Tok style’ (a direct customer quote) interactive guides and practical step-by-step training. It’s quick to create and to consume - and easily accessible to learners.
The result? Customers using these formats see optional completion rates of 79%+ – that’s 49% higher than the industry average.
eduMe’s video learning format is ideal for:
- Time-limited offers and promotions: One-time updates and promotions don’t require in-depth training but your teams on the ground still need to know about them - Guides help deliver the most important information to frontline employees, without overwhelming them or distracting them from their work day. And interactive quizzes test learner knowledge to make sure it’s sunk in.
- Point of view style training: Create conversational, personable videos that take employees step-by-step through essential processes, while connecting them to managers and training creators with Stories-style content.
- Peer-to-peer knowledge training: The intuitive Content Builder and editor is simple to use with no specialist knowledge needed, so you can democratize content creation in your organization and empower local teams and experts to share their knowledge with others. Admins can review any content before it’s published.
And if you need extra help creating your content, eduMe’s suite of AI tools lets you create Guides in seconds using a prompt and a tap. Or choose your ideal format from the extensive library of pre-made templates to get started with content creation in just a few clicks.
eduMe personalized learning
The fastest way to get learners to switch off is to feed them generic content that’s not relevant to them or their day jobs. eduMe is a top MobieTrain alternative thanks to its highly personalized learning paths that make sure employees only take the training they need, when they need it, according to their role and responsibilities.
Give learners access to automatically curated training content that’s built for individuals and help them find additional resources with Knowledge Hubs - the content library that allows you to bring all relevant training together under one virtual roof.
The best part? Learning paths are dynamic, based on specific completed actions and triggered by performance or feedback, maximizing the impact of your training and delivering real-time results to both your workers and customers.
eduMe instant integrations
eduMe is designed for easier integrations within the tools you use every day. Make employee training seamless by embedding eduMe in the software your teams use most - with no extra downloads, log-ins, approvals or passwords.
Learners can simply tap on your training content and upskill on-the-go, wherever they’re working from. That means more knowledgeable, engaged, and productive teams and better outcomes for your customers.
Give your team instant access to eduMe in a range of formats, including:
- QR codes
- Integrated into your existing app or intranet
Unlike MobieTrain, integrations are built into eduMe’s DNA, so they’re quick, easy and intuitive, with minimal manual input needed. Get out-of-the-box integrations with leading employee tools, including Microsoft Teams, Workday, Beekeeper, and more.
- Passwordless access to training at the point of need
- Engage employees with social media style short-form video content
- Scenario videos for real-world applications and activities
- AI-powered tools for faster content creation
- Automatically curated training content
- Personalized learning triggered based on feedback
- Out-of-the-box integrations with the tools you use every day
- Doesn’t support long-form training content
- Less suitable for desk-based workers
- Not SCORM compliant
An “all-in-one” platform for frontline workers, Yoobic is an employee experience platform that aims to make training and communicating with deskless workers as easy as pie. Combining microlearning with performance tools and analytics, Yoobic combines a range of features into one app.
Here’s why Yoobic is a top MobieTrain alternative:
Unlike MobieTrain’s web-based platform, the Yoobic app is a downloadable mobile application that can be used across a range of devices.
The Yoobic mobile app contains all the features you need to create, edit and deliver employee training. While MobieTrain follows core microlearning principles, Yoobic goes above and beyond with added gamification features, social learning elements, and more.
Get the tools you need to engage your team, including:
- No-code content creation: Design and import training via the Yoobic app’s content management system with zero coding.
- Gamification features: Enhance your content with quizzes, scoreboards, badges, ‘battles’ and more.
- Collaborative social learning: Use discussion boards for asking and answering questions in real time to encourage knowledge-sharing between individuals and teams.
- Automatic translation: Translate courses automatically with multi-lingual tools directly in the Yoobic app.
The Yoobic mobile app is a one-stop shop for course management - simply download, sign-in, and start creating your content.
Yoobic task management
Where Yoobic shows itself to be a top MobieTrain alternative is in its task management system that’s designed to streamline key processes and keep your frontline on track with training, tasks, and health and safety procedures.
Key features include:
- Digitized checklists and audits: Go paperless with digitized audits so you can keep all your sites and frontline teams working at their best.
- Task assignment and execution: Assign tasks via the Yoobic app and get more visibility on frontline teams to ensure that tasks are completed accurately and on time.
- Real-time analytics: Get company-wide data on team training, task management, and communication in one unified platform, helping organizations and managers keep a finger on the pulse of what’s happening on the frontline.
Yoobic is designed to increase productivity within frontline teams and grant people leaders complete visibility, so your team has everything they need to be more efficient at work.
Yoobic employee communication
Yoobic also focuses heavily on improving employee communication, offering frontline teams a wider range of engagement features than the MobieTrain app. Connect your deskless workers with an interactive knowledge library and chat features.
If you’re looking to deliver live, in-person training to your employees, Yoobic also lets you host live videos within the app with the option to share the video recording to your newsfeed. Answer questions in real-time and spark discussions with your learners, while also giving your employee training program a more human face.
- No-code content creation tools
- Range of gamification features
- Messaging tools for better employee communication and collaboration
- Live video for in-person training sessions
- In-app task assignment and execution
- Few options for short-form video training
- Limited integrations
- Basic insights and analytics dashboard
Available upon request.
Founded in 2018, EdApp is a microlearning platform and mobile app that’s built with frontline training in mind. Combining digital and in-person training, EdApp offers organizations a mobile-first approach to employee training with a mobile LMS that makes it easy to build your own course in no-time.
Here are the top features of EdApp and why we think it’s a top MobieTrain alternative:
EdApp mobile LMS
EdApp is a mobile learning management system with a dedicated mobile app that’s designed to make training your frontline staff easy - and fun.
Where EdApp stands out as a MobieTrain alternative is in the customizability of the platform. Download the EdApp mobile app and access popular gamification features to make your training more engaging and effective.
EdApp also includes social learning features to improve communication between teams. Use the forum-style messaging features to encourage discussions and create a knowledge-sharing culture in your organization. What’s more, you can also use the Discussions board to get real-time feedback from your learners to find out what’s working for them and where there’s room for improvement.
EdApp course creation tools
If the idea of building your own online courses fills you with dread, EdApp includes a range of different course creation tools to choose from, designed to make your life easier and simpler.
Where EdApp overtakes MobieTrain is in the wide range of content tools to suit all your training needs. Choose from four options for course creation:
- Pre-built templates: Choose from a wide range of pre-built course templates, add your own content, and customize the template to your needs.
- AI-generated content: Use the EdApp AI Create tool to get AI-generated course content in minutes. Simply input your keywords or course concept, review, and publish.
- EdApp Course library: Looking for more generic employee training? The EdApp course library contains a wide range of compliant and certified training courses, categorized according to industry, skills, and requirements.
- Bespoke content creation: Leave course creation to the experts and enlist the help of EdApp’s expert learning designers and instructors to create your own tailor-made course content.
When you’ve finished building your course, gather feedback from your team to find out what’s working and what’s not by sharing your content with select viewers before rolling it out to your whole employee base. Reviewers will see what your learners see - so they can make suggestions and use fresh eyes to catch errors, blank spaces, missing concepts, and more.
EdApp blended learning
Looking for a blended learning approach to employee training? EdApp also offers organizations the chance to combine elements of mobile and in-person training. Set up group training sessions in seconds - with video conferencing, live assessments, and more.
- Record in-person attendance: Use the Group Training features to keep track of in-person attendance - for reliable data, tracking and compliance.
- Set practical assessments: Assess your learners’ progress with in-person assessments to make sure your team is performing key tasks correctly - all managed within the EdApp mobile app.
- Host video conferencing: The EdApp Virtual Classroom lets you schedule learning check-ins with integrated video conferencing using platforms like Zoom.
For organizations looking to use blended learning, EdApp is a top MobieTrain competitor, reducing the need for multiple training programs and platforms. It includes a range of features to interweave in-person and online training to create the employee training program you’re looking for - and the one that’s best suited to your company’s needs.
- Blended learning for teams
- Range of course creation tools - including pre-built template library
- Get feedback from team with actionable comments
- Gamification features to boost learner engagement
- Limited formats for microlearning courses
- Few automation features
- Limited messaging and email tools
- Free: $0/month
- Pro: $2.95 per user/month
- Enterprise: Available upon request
Final verdict on the best MobieTrain alternatives
While MobieTrain is a solid LMS to deliver bite-sized training to your learners, it’s not the only solution on the market. These alternative microlearning platforms offer a wider range of features, more functionality, and better integrations within the software you’re already using.
If you’re looking to deliver training that’s optimized for frontline workers, eduMe is our top choice. When it comes to MobieTrain competitors, eduMe offers content that’s highly interactive, intuitive, and packs a punch. And it’s delivered in the tools your team is already using, so you can make sure that the right content reaches the right people at the right time.
Your frontline teams don’t have time for in-person training, blended learning or long-form content. They need instant access to snackable, visual content that’s built for training in the flow of work and tailor-made for deskless workers, no matter how busy, noisy, or public their workplace is.
Don’t leave your employee training up to chance - give frontline workers seamless, passwordless access to essential learning content in a bite-sized format they’ll be jumping to complete and that’s customized to every individual on your team.
Want to see how it works? Book a time with the team for a personalized demo 👇